Beef Shanks / Osso Buco Recipe
3.0 lbs FFF Beef Shanks
Salt for taste
Flour (for dredging)
1 Celery Stalk
1 Apple (halved)
3 cups Beef Broth
1 1/2 cups Red Wine
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1 can Tomato Paste
DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING OSSO BUCO
1. Salt Osso Buco & dust with flour to create a crusted outside.
2. In a dutch oven, sear Osso Buco until golden brown. Remove Osso Buco & set aside.
3. Add veggies into the same dutch oven, sauteing until soft.
4. Add garlic, once fragrant, add tomato paste. Then add red wine and soy sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Adding the Osso Buco back into the dutch oven, pour in beef broth and apples.
6. Let slow braise for 2 hours.
7. Once thoroughly cooked, serve shanks with mashed potatoes and garlic bread.