Korean Style SHort RIbs (Kal Bi)
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large green onions, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 4-6 pounds of Grass-Fed Beef Short-Ribs
- Place ribs in a large zip lock bag or a dish that can hold them all. Combine all the ingredients together and stir for 1 minute. Pour the marinade into the pot, dish, or zip lock over the meat making sure all the ribs have been coated. Cover and refrigerate over night. The next morning, make sure to place the ribs that were on the bottom on top, and vice versa.
- Continue to refrigerate until it’s time to grill. Heat grill to medium heat and when the grill is ready add meat. Grill each side for 7-8 minutes. Garnish with additional slices of green onion and toasted sesame seeds.