3-5 lbs FFF Beef Bones
2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 medium head garlic, halved crosswise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
12 cups water, or more as needed to cover
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 ½ teaspoons kosher/pink Himalayan salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place chicken bones, garlic cloves, carrots, celery, and onion on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
4. Transfer roasted bones and vegetables into a 6-quart slow cooker.
5. Add vinegar, salt, and peppercorns.
6. Cover completely with water and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, adding 1 to 2 cups more water during the cooking process, to keep bones submerged.
7. Strain broth using a fine mesh strainer. Pour into jars and refrigerate until ready to use.
If you're unsure about bone broth and maybe even a little grossed out at the thought (don't worry ~ we had to get used to the idea too!), here are 5 reasons why you should start incorporating it into your diet!