Family Meatball Night
1 pound FFF Ground Beef
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
¾ cup chopped onion
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup olive oil
2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
¾ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls.
2. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes and salt.
4. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes.
5. Stir in tomato paste, basil, pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more.