Ranch Baked Chicken on Alfredo
FFF Chicken Whole Leg/Thigh
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/4 cup powdered buttermilk
1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tbsp dried chives
1/2 tbsp dried dill
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Lightly coat the legs with olive oil and sprinkle with the rub. Raise the skin and put some of the rub next to the flesh.
3. Spray a baking dish or pan with cooking oil and add the chicken legs. Set a timer for 45 minutes.
4. After about 35 minutes, check the temperature of the legs and brush on additional olive oil to encourage browning. Raise the temperature of the oven to 400° or turn on the convection fan.
5. After 45 minutes, check to see if done. Remove from the oven and cover with foil for 10 minutes before serving.
FFF Chicken Breast
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces fettuccine
12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2)
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
2 cups heavy cream
2 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt generously. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente (tender but still slightly firm). Drain and toss with a splash of oil.
2. Slice the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick strips, and lay them on a plate or a sheet of waxed paper. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken in 1 layer.
4. Cook, until the underside has browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the pieces, and cook until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl.
5. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons butter. Scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits. When the butter has mostly melted, whisk in the cream and nutmeg and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to keep the sauce just warm.
6. Whisk the Parmigiano-Reggiano into the sauce. Add the chicken and cooked pasta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot in heated bowls.