Grilled London Broil
FFF Beef London Broil Roast (3 lbs)
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, allspice, paprika, nutmeg, mace (each or a combination thereof)
1/4 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
1. Combine everything but London Broil in a saucepan
2. Heat to boil; reduce heat, then let cool. To thin add water (if desired)
3. Put some marinade aside for dipping.
4. Pound London Broil to tenderize and place in ziplock with cooled sauce to marinate.
**This is a strong marinade ~ An hour is sufficient if the meat was first brought to room temperature (it's okay to let the meat sit in the bag of marinade on the counter). If you like a stronger marinade flavor then let it sit as long as you want! If marinating overnight then put in the fridge.
4. After the meat has marinated to your liking (let it come to room temperature if it was in the fridge overnight) SEAR it on the grill for 3 minutes on each side, then take it off and let it rest in a tin foil tent for 10 minutes.
5. If you like a more well-done cut of meat then barbecue on LOW HEAT until the internal temperature reaches around 150F.
6. Wrap meat in pita bread or tortillas with desired veggies and dip in the sauce for an awesome summer family meal!