Sirloin Tip Tacos
One of our favorite summertime meals has to be grilled steak tacos! Here's our go-to recipe which uses one of our favorite cuts of grass-fed beef, the Sirloin Tip Steak.
Sirloin Tip Tacos (serves 4, 2 tacos per person)
- 2 pounds Sirloin Tip steak
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Corn Taco Tortillas
- Your Favorite Taco Toppings
- In a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it really well to combine.
- Lay the sirloin tip steak in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill. Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Pull the steak out of the marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal.
- Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side on the grill, until toasty.
- To make the tacos, stack up 2 of the warm tortillas, lay about 4 ounces of beef down on the center, and sprinkle with your favorite taco toppings.