Dijon Bavette Marinade
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4 People):
2.0 lbs FFF Bavette Steak
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
3/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 tbsp Dried Oregano
2 tbsp Chopped Rosemary
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
3 tbsp Chopped Parsley
1/2 stick of butter and extra 1/4 cup Olive Oil for pan sauté
FFF COOKING SUGGESTIONS FOR BAVETTE STEAK:
1. Rinse off Bavettes and cut into palm sized medallions and place in ziplock bag.
2. Combine all Marinade ingredients into a small mixing bowl and crush and blend thoroughly.
3. Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for finishing. Pour the rest of the sauce onto the Steaks.
4. Make sure the marinade is coated around the Steaks and let marinate 2 hours minimum.
5. Place your cast-iron skillet over low-medium heat. Heat for 3 minutes before adding the butter and olive oil. Swirl the butter and oil around to start your sauté.
6. Add the steaks and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
7. Move the Bavette Steak from the cast iron skillet to a plate or cutting board and cut across the grain into thin strips.
8. Serve with your favorite rice and Al dente veggies already on a plate.
9. Drizzle the reserve sauce over Steak and rice as desired.
10. Add salt and/or pepper to taste.