Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
INGREDIENTS3 pound FFF Whole Chicken
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white wine, (OPTIONAL) -- use a dry wine like a Sauv blanc or Chardonnay
1 lemon, halved
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
4 garlic cloves
1 head of garlic roughly peeled and cut in half
3 fresh whole rosemary sprigs
DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING WHOLE CHICKEN1. Preheat oven to 430°F. Line a baking tray with foil, or lightly grease a roasting pan.
2. Pour the olive oil, melted butter, wine (if using) and the juice of half a lemon over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity. Season chicken liberally on the outside and inside the cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the parsley.
3. Rub the minced garlic over the chicken, mixing all ingredients together over the chicken and under the skin.
4. Stuff the garlic head into the chicken cavity along with the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halve. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
5. Place breast-side up into baking tray or roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes, basting half way through cooking time.
6. Baste again, then broil for a further 2-3 minutes, until golden.
7. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve, drizzled with pan juices and remaining lemon half cut into wedges or slices.