Slow Cooked English Short Ribs Recipe
5 lbs FFF English Short Ribs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup diced white onion (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
2 to 3 cloves minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
1 cup beef broth
1 cup red wine (optional)
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 sprig fresh rosemary
FFF COOKING SUGGESTIONS FOR ENGLISH SHORT RIBS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Season all sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a heavy, oven-safe pot over high heat. Add in olive oil and allow to heat briefly. Sear short ribs in olive oil, about 1 minute per side, to render fat. Remove from pot and set aside.
3. Add in onion and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until softened. Add in garlic and saute 1 minute more.
4. Pour in beef broth, red wine (if using) and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Return short ribs to pan. Place a rosemary sprig on top.
5. Cover with lid and transfer to preheated oven for about 2.5 hours, until meat is tender.