Oven Baked Chicken & Veggies
1 FFF Medium Whole Chicken
1 package of FFF Natural Smoked Bacon
2 large russet potatoes (cut into medium chunks)
3 large carrots (cut into medium chunks)
1 large yellow onion (cut into medium chunks)
4 celery sticks (cut into medium chunks)
**And whatever other veggies you might want - use more or less of the suggested veggies above too.
3 cloves garlic (sliced)
1 cup Italian salad dressing of your choice
Salt & Pepper
FFF COOKING SUGGESTIONS FOR WHOLE CHICKEN:
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F
2. Thaw out chicken and rinse, cut small holes into the chicken and stuff the sliced garlic into the cuts.
3. Place in a large/deep casserole baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Toss cut veggies in the Italian dressing (if you don’t want to use a dressing then feel free to use olive oil and spices of your choice).
5. Place the veggies around the chicken in the pan
6. Layer the chicken with the pack of bacon
7. Cover with tinfoil and place in oven for 2 hours
8. Raise temperature to 400 degree F and uncover the chicken, cook until the bacon becomes crispy (around 0.5 hours).
9. Remove and let rest for at least 20 minutes